Ghost can be installed on every hosting that provides a shell access. If you want to install Ghost on your own hosting be sure to respect the following prerequisites:
The officially recommended production installation requires the following stack:
- Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 18.04 or Ubuntu 20.04
- NGINX (minimum of 1.9.5 for SSL)
- A supported version of Node.js
- MySQL 5.7 or 8.0
- A server with at least 1GB memory
- A registered domain name
Before getting started you should set up a working DNS A-Record from you domain, pointing to the server’s IP address. This must be done in advance so that SSL can be configured during setup.
Follow up official Ghost guide to install on Ubuntu.
One Click Hostings
If you don’t want to setup Ghost alone, there are many solutions with a one-click installer:
- Pre-built Droplet for DigitalOcean;
- Aws Image packaged by Bitnami;
If you want to use containers, Ghost also provides an official Docker Image. That you can use on any docker based hosting service like Aws Fargate